Monday, September 6, 2010

Missed Opportunity


Missed Opportunity
Originally uploaded by graffkeith
This photo was also taken at the Ungami Festival in Shioya, Okinawa, Japan. Admittedly this was not one of my best shots but, come to think of it, it wasn't one of this poor slob's best photos either! The sun had just darted behind the clouds as they came around the corner. Since I shoot in "Manual Mode" almost all the time, I just didn't quite have my settings right for my own taste.

With the prayers on the hillside finished, the villagers were moving on down the road to the next ceremony and the starting point for the boat races later in the day. Unfortunately for one cameraman, he was so focussed on the boat team gathered in front of him that he missed the village elder being carried down the hill in a formal procession.

No comments:

Post a Comment